Friday, January 22, 2010

Coupons

Generally I am a planner. With four kids, it's very easy to lose site of time so I make lists whenever I can. I will also try to save with whatever I plan on buying. The best way to do this is to figure out what you need to look for it online. If you don't exactly know what you need, but you know the stores you plan on hitting, look for a general store coupon online before heading out. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much you can save with just a click of a mouse.

I want to reupholster my headboard again so I plan on stopping by JoAnn Fabric store today. Searching online for printable coupons and voila! I found a 50% off coupon that I can use for my fabric purchase.

I like to go to wow-coupons or printable coupons before I head out to make sure I am saving all that I can. In the past, I have been able to find couons for about any particular store. I was surprised to find great Target coupons online that I used in conjunction with manufacturer coupons to get a huge cut in my Christmas spending. You can find savings in almost anything you purchase, you just have to be willing to do a little research.

I have a weakness for handbags. That's about the only thing that I splurge on, aside from my kids. Don't think that because you are buying something high-end that it means, you have to pay retail. Sometimes you may get lucky. A couple of months ago, I told my husband I was interested in a Burberry purse. I didn't know exactly what purse so he went browsing and found me a purse he thought was me. Isn't that sweet? Couldn't love a man more for knowing the difference between Gucci and Prada, and knowing what LV stands for. Gotta love that. After showing me a picture of what he was going to buy me (since I am such a barganista), I told him not to buy it because I didn't want to spend the money. He was going to buy it for me regardless. I went onto the Saks Fifth Avenue site to look at other handbags and noticed a 20% off Friends and Family coupon. My heart started to pitter patter at the thought of huge savings, but what ran across my head was that bridge handbags are never included in those promotions. After talking to a customer representative online, I discovered that my handbag was indeed included in that sale. I was ecstatic. I didn't know what made me happier, getting the handbag or getting the fabulous deal. I didn't get the Burberry box and tissue paper I would have liked buying it from the Burberry store, but I got a huge discount for exactly what I wanted and that is all that matters. Does that now mean, I can get the matching wallet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails