Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taking Pictures Yourself

In the past, I usually take my kids to Kiddie Kandids Photography to capture their milestones. They have done a pretty good job in capturing smiles on my kids, but lately, I am finding that the high prices are not worth the pictures taken from a high school or college student with no professional experience. They are pictures that I can do myself. I am also not that fond of the pre-drawn backgrounds as much as getting actual outdoor pictures.

A couple of weeks ago, my sister asked me if I would take her engagement photos. Although, I am not a professional, I was delighted to capture their love behind the lens of the camera and at the same time, saving them hundreds in the process. I thought railroad tracks would be a nice backdrop since the tracks seem endless just like the love they have for one another.

With cameras in tow, we marched through shrubs, got bitten by mosquitoes, and sweated up a storm (thankfully, that isn't captured in the photographs) to get the perfect shots. Hopefully, I was able to capture their loving relationship.

Here are their favorites from the 10Gigs of pictures I took.




































I think I was able to get a few good shots of them. What do you think? The best part is the price tag of FREE. Before you call up a studio to book an appointment, try seeing what pictures you can take yourself. You might be surprised at what you capture. You may end up saving money in the process.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails