Monday, December 13, 2010

Working Less



I've traveled more this year than I have ever traveled for work. Being away from home so much made me miss my family all the more. The only thing I could think about were my kiddos. After much debate, we decided as a family that it would be better for me to just work part time. It's a decision that I really never was able to make before now and although, I'm not ready to give up my job in its entirety, I am ready to really be there for my kids.

Last week, I started my Christmas vacation. That's what happens when you work work work, you accrue so much vacation time. I'm grateful for the time off.

I normally pick E. up from school on fridays, but this last friday when I picked him up, I asked him if he would mind it if I did it everyday. He gave me the biggest grin on his face and told me he loved me 99 million times! Right then and there, I knew that my decision to work less was one of the best decisions I had ever made. I would say that this is probably one of the best Christmas gifts that I have received...having more time with my kids, can it get better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails