Monday, August 1, 2011

The Not So QuikTrip



No, I didn't spell Quik wrong in my title. I try not to gas up my car in the wee hours of the morning for safety reasons, but since I had been driving on empty for quite some time, I made a pit stop into the same gas station that took more than their fair share the last time I was there. You can read about that here.

Why did I go back there you ask? It is the ONLY gas station that is on my way to work that is well lit and open at 3:30 in the morning. Crazy I know, but I was driving on empty. Of course, since it made a huge transaction error the last time, I was sure to watch very closely this time. I made sure of selecting the right grade of gas before pumping. I stared at the pump for a few seconds as it started to fill, but no light came on (the light that shows you which grade you selected) so I went and sat in my car. I turned around to look at the pump again and noticed it had changed my gas grade to a higher grade! I immediately jumped out of my car to stop the pump. At this point, I was a bit annoyed at the fact that this happened again.

Although, it was just an 80 cent difference they owed me (because I stopped the pump before filling all the way, I wasn't going to just walk away. I went into the store and complained. They didn't refund me this time. I know 80 cents isn't going to break the bank, but it is all principle now so I have decided to boycott this particular QuikTrip. I have never had this happen at any other station, but to have it happen twice at the same station makes me think this probably wasn't an accident.

If I am ever stuck in the predicament of having to go to that gas station again, I will be sure to record the event with my camera next time, just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails