Monday, February 6, 2012

Key Lime Cupcakes



On my last trip to D.C., I had Key Lime Pie for the first time and it was delicious so I when I found this key lime cupcake recipe online, I thought I would give it a try. Some recipes I try work out fantastic, while some not so much (those don't usually make it onto my blog). If I'm not willing to eat it, then I am definitely not willing to share it.

The key lime cupcakes, themselves turned out fantastic. They were moist, scrumptious and absolutely delicious. I ate four in a row on my birthday. The frosting was, shall I say disastrous. Therefore, I'm including the recipe for the cupcakes themselves, but not the frosting. Top your cupcakes with your favorite frosting. Since I don't really eat frosting, I wasn't all that disappointed.

Key Lime Cupcakes
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp key lime juice (about 8 key limes)
zest of 2 limes
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sour cream

Directions
Preheat oven 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla, key lime juice, and lime zest. Mix well.

Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick). Fill cupcake muffins 1/3 way.



Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.



Cool completely and frost if desired. The key lime cupcakes were scrumptious.



I made a blackberry buttercream frosting. Next time, I'll use a cream cheese frosting recipe instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails