Thursday, May 3, 2012

Inspiration

Have you ever been so inspired you couldn't think about anything else?  When I saw this picture, I swooned, wanted it, and then calculated how to build it.


It was perfect for the boys.  We had the space to build it.  The price to build it was no more than the cost of a single bed at PB so why not?  I even convinced my hubby, BUT then I had second thoughts.  Would a 17, 15, and 13 year old want to share a room?  My husband shared a room with his brother up to the day he moved out so its not the end of the world, but I do want them to have their own space if they wanted it.  I plan on living in this house forever, but if we did have to move, what would the resell be?  Would people want this bedroom with this built in?  I had second thoughts.  We may eventually turn that room back into a media room should the kids decide they want more privacy SO I decided not to build this even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  

I'm going back to my original plan which is to build three platform beds.  I ordered new bedding last week so that has definitely pushed me into wanting to get started on building some more beds.  I can't wait.  I'll post pics as soon as I am on my way.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this idea on Pinterest!!! We need this bedroom layout at the lake house! I'm waiting on the husband to approve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know when build it and I'll live vicariously through you. :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails