Monday, June 11, 2012

50 shades of Grey

No, I'm not talking about the popular book, 50 shades of Grey, but more of the literal interpretation.  It's really 33 shades to be exact.  I decided to paint my hubby's office gray.  It's been my go to color for the past decade.  Slowly my house is moving away from warmer tones to cooler ones.


My sister came home with these sample colors when she went to the hardware store.  For the first time, I was able to narrow the selection within minutes.  The new sofa I bought was my starting point.  That quickly eliminated 2/3s of samples.  The sofa was gray, but it had taupe undertones so I steered away from the grays that had bluish undertones.


Then I took my narrowed selection with a sofa cushion (since the sofa was sitting in my dining room at the time) to the office to look at the sample in the correct lighting.  I've neglected to do this in the past and have regretted it.


Under the room's natural light the choice was remarkably easy. My choice is Valspar's Tempered Gray.  Since I prefer Olympics No VOC paint, I chose to color match it in an eggshell finish. 


The room currently is a light khaki color. Due to the rough and tumble of two boys, it is ready for a coat of paint and my paint brush is definitely ready to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails