Friday, November 30, 2012

Pecan Pie

One of my favorite desserts is pecan pie.  When I found out my kids were allergic to nuts, I excluded all nuts in my home for over 6 years.  It wasn't until last Thanksgiving that I decided to introduce this pie back into our feast.  I love it and best of all, it is so simple to make.


Pecan Pie
1 cup light corn syrup
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup pecans (6oz)
1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie crust

Directions
Stir the first 5 ingredients thoroughly using a spoon.  Mix in pecans.  Pour into pie crust.  Bake on center rack of oven for 60-70 minutes. Pie is done when center reaches 200F.  Tap center surface of pie lightly.  It should spring back when done.  For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray.   Cool for 2 hours.  Store any uneaten pie in refrigerator.


This is so good.  Since my kids can't have any, that just leaves me with more :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails