Friday, June 12, 2015

Watermelon Whale

Summer is here!  One of my favorite things about summer is fruit.  I absolutely love all kinds so I generally like to bring fruit to any party that requires me to prepare a dish because its something I love and it doesn't require heating or refrigeration.  The only thing is, I always forget to bring home my dish.  It normally happens every time so this time, I wanted to make a watermelon boat to hold all the fruit.  This allowed me to leave it behind.

I decided to make a Watermelon Whale. Isn't he cute?


I'm not sure it was a good idea to make it right before the event because it did take a little bit of time to carve it out and cut everything up.   

I first outlined where I was going to cut on the watermelon.

 

I started to carve, using my outline as a guidance.

 

Once I was done, I popped off the top.  It was surprisingly easy to do.

 

I touched up the corners and then I started to scoop out the watermelon to make it hollow.

 


 

I carved out the eyes and mouth as well as cut up all the fruit.


 I mixed all the fruit in a large bowl since I thought it would be easier to do than trying to mix it up in the watermelon itself

 

Once all the fruit was mixed up, I poured it into my whale and added the blueberries for eyes and spout.

 

It makes me smile when I look at it.


What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails